Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can result in panic, anxiety, disorientation, fear and all the psycho-physical feelings associated with the traumatic memory.
The following behaviours may be indicators that a child or adult may benefit from professional help:
- Sudden and pronounced change in behaviour
- Threat of suicide or preoccupation with suicide, evidenced through artwork or writing
- Harmful acts to other children or animals
- Extreme confusion or incoherence
- Evidence of substance abuse – drugs, alcohol etc.
- Sudden change of grades
- Avoidance or abandonment of friends
- Angry or tearful outbursts
- Self-destructive behaviour
- Inability to eat or sleep
- Overly-concerned with own health or health of a loved one
- Giving away important possessions
- Sudden unexplained improvement in behaviour of schoolwork
- Depression, isolation or withdrawal
How I Can Help You
I can help with the cognitive and behavioural difficulties with the aim of restoring a sense of safety and protection.
Using hypnotherapy, I work with you to help you understand and adapt to your fears. I help you re-establish a sense of order to show your brain that your life still has continuity and meaning.
We will try to develop a daily routine as much as possible in order to allow you to maintain a sense of security. I can also help you with sleep difficulties and anger management. Helping you regain a sense of confidence and self-esteem will be at the core of our work.
In a calm, relaxing and professional environment, I help you bring about permanent changes in your attitudes so that you gain confidence again, losing your fears, doubts and insecurities. As part of our work, I also include an element of NLP to increase its effectiveness. At all times during our work you will remain in full control and will decide when and where to direct our sessions.
Every one of my clients is unique and my work with you is tailored to meet your needs. I can support and reassure you, give you the skills you need to help you become a better you.
Hypnotherapy + counselling to lose weight for good, one-on-one or in groups.
Couple and family counselling to find yourself & each other again.
Talking therapies to give you the support you need for depression, PTSD, bereavement and self-esteem issues.
Free yourself from stress, anxiety, phobias or bad habits with hypnotherapy and other complementary therapies.
Find a place for your loss – so you can carry on with life and eventually find acceptance.
Enjoy the Healing Art of Reiki – Deep Relaxation. Reiki can trigger your body’s own ability to heal itself.
Find out how we can work together in my consulting room or online.
Treat your family and friends with a gift voucher.